I know I think just about every single thing Annabelle does is the cutest thing that has ever happened in the history of the world… But I think seeing her crawl for the first time might just be the cutest thing E.V.E.R! After weeks of rocking back and forth on her hands and knees and not quite understanding the whole hand placement/knee movement needed for forward motion, it was an emotional moment for me to finally see my Anniebee take her first official “crawl”. And I’m SOO happy it happened on camera, and better yet — at home and not daycare!!! YAY FOR ME!! Boo daycare, mommy wins this round! Ha ha!
I’ve never been in a rush to get Annabelle mobile because I know that means I have to watch her more closely. No more sitting her down in front of her play gym while mommy takes a 15 minute shower and then another 20 minutes to get ready while she stays put in one place. When you have a crawler, those days are over. Not gonna lie though; when I had two of my mommy friends over with their same-aged babies and their little tykes were crawling circles around Annabelle, I kinda wanted my ‘Lil Miss to get a freaking move on! Being the nice, supportive mommies that my friends are, they assured me that a crawler is an accident waiting to happen — think, pinched fingers in drawers, hitting heads on things, etc. They told me to enjoy my immobile baby while I can. Well that honeymoon didn’t last long! Watch…
I was just so determined to get Annabelle moving at home and not at daycare. Daycare is a great way for babies to get socialized and learn things by mimicking older babies. Annabelle learned how to drink a bottle on her own — no mommy needed; she learned to sit up, clap, and probably talk a lot more because she was listening to the other babies gabbing away. But I was adamant that daycare not take crawling away from me — that was MY milestone to witness first! And on the video, you can hear it in my encouraging voice that I was over the moon excited to see this finally happening.
Everyone says when babies start crawling they literally take off and you can’t get them to sit still after that. We’re not quite there yet. Annabelle is still slow moving and needs to be encouraged, but that’s fine with me. I kind of want to freeze time now because things are moving too fast for me. I want her to stay a baby a little while longer! She was just a born a minute ago, jeez!
The next thing I know she’s going to be freaking walking. And at that point I’m probably just going to have to get pregnant again so I can have another baby since my current baby grew up and left mommy in her dust! *sad face*
- Torn on when to wean my breastfed baby (soon, never?)
- Just call me a breastfeeding expert who has never breastfed. Here’s what I know…
- Learning to cope with pregnancy’s physical limitations... Plus, check out my 26-week baby bump!
- One week until the BIG GENDER REVEAL!! Now, let’s talk baby names…
- The “pregnancy” excuse works every time. Plus, check out my 18-week baby bump pic!
- From baby steps to running -- when your toddler grows up too fast
- Deep thoughts on projectile poop, breastfeeding, and anxiety over being alone with the baby!
- Wishing the clock would speed up BUT slow down during pregnancy
- Putting things into perspective…Plus, check out my 22-week baby bump pic!
- Moms can hang in Hollywood in hot pink skinny jeans, too. Just saying…