It’s a little too early to be painting the baby room and picking out nursery themes, but it’s the perfect time to redesign my Life At Thirtysomething blog to correspond with my brand new blog topic: PREGNANCY! You may remember that my old tagline was “Embracing the dirty thirty,” because I used to think it was going to be a HUGE deal to turn the dreaded 3-0. But once I turned 30, it was no big deal anymore! So now that I’m mommy-bound, my new tagline reflects my new writing focus: Diaries of a soon-to-be baby mama! (For fun, I always love to add a little “ghetto flare” wherever I can!)
You’ve gotta check out the adorable blog header that shows the progression from a martini glass, engagement ring, house, and then baby rattle – my current stop on life’s journey! (Thanks to my friend Erin for the cute idea!) But just so ya know, I still throw back dem martinis! (Just taking a 9 month break!)
(If you’re looking for a blog designer, please consider Jessica from The Frilly Coconut Design Shoppe. She’s super efficient, SUPER sweet and really patient! Plus, her designs are so fun and bright and happy!)
Now, a few things that I’ve LOVE for you to do while you are here…
1) Join my blog via Google Friend Connect. Just click on the blue “Join This Site” link along the right column and show your blog support! I guess this is similar to having friends on Facebook and followers on Twitter – you want friends/followers on your blog too! So please don’t leave me all alone standing in the middle of the cafeteria with my lunch tray and no friends!
2) Subscribe via email! Don’t miss any future Life At Thirtysomething blog postings – have them sent directly to your email! What if you missed the most hilarious blog ever, or what if you missed the baby birth post! That would suck! Subscribe and that won’t happen! 😉 Or, if feeds are your thing, subscribe to the RSS feed along the right column!
3) Follow me on Twitter! Are you twatting on Twitter yet? Surely you are! If so, follow me on Twitter and get a peak at my alter ego that tends to come out while twatting about pop culture happenings!
4) Grab my button! If you have your own blog and like to show blog support to the blogs you follow, please grab my button and slap it on your blog! (See above blog image for an illustration!)
5) Add blog comments! I LOVE when people comment on my blogs! It’s so fun when blog posts can turn into conversations! So if you’re reading and you get the urge to respond; give me advice, or tell me I’m totally inappropriate, please comment! I’d love you like a pregnant girl loves mint chip ice cream! (Hint, that’s a lot!!)
Baby bump watch continues!
Alright, that’s all the bloggy love I need from you for now. SOOOO…the baby bump watch continues! Today I’m 13 weeks pregnant which is the final week in my first trimester! At 13 weeks, the fetus is now the size of a peach and is about 3 inches long. As I’m sitting here, suddenly I’m thinking how cool it would be if women’s stomachs could be windows during this time so you could see the natural progression of babies from conception to birth! Wouldn’t that be fascinating?! As I was looking at my 12-week picture from last week I can definitely see that I’m a little fuller around the midsection this week, and I swear I’ve eaten pretty healthy, so it’s not just pizza or anything! But yes, in this picture I am eating popcorn. Hey, it’s Saturday night, I’m allowed! Stay tuned for next week’s bump watch pic to see if I’m starting to look undeniably preggo or if I still just look like I’m growing a beer belly! (Subscribe via email/feed and never miss a bump watch!)
- Trading binge drinking for an ice cream binger – happy 4th of July! Plus, check out my 38-week baby bump!
- Maternity leave pre-baby checklist: pampering, pediatrician, daycare. Last minute prep before baby!
- Feeling happy AND sad over baby’s growing independence
- A pleasure party and stripper STILL couldn’t stimulate labor. HMPH! Check out my 39-week baby bump!
- From baby steps to running -- when your toddler grows up too fast
- Torn on when to wean my breastfed baby (soon, never?)
- Where did my easy baby go? When babies get a mind of their own…
- The lie I always believed about pregnancy… Plus, listen to my 14-week fetal heartbeat!
- On the home stretch – entering my third trimester! (YIKES!) Plus, check out my 28-week baby bump!
- Baby Nursery in waiting…