As I sit here and type this I’m not yet 30. I’m only 29. The clock is ticking loudly though, which means the “dirty thirty” is coming fast and furious. It’s funny, because it doesn’t seem so long ago that I pledged to myself to get drunk often and live it up during my last year in my twenties. I guess I always thought once you turn thirty it’s probably a little frowned upon to get drunk often and act like an idiot. But you know, my husband is going on 32 and he seems to get away with it just fine. On second thought, I guess I do frown at him often.
The point of this blog has absolutely nothing to do with getting drunk though. Well, I mean sometimes it might come up in a blog if it’s a pertinent detail to a story, but the point of this blog is to embrace this new chapter in my life – with humor. I might not always be funny. Sometimes there might be a moral to my stories. But usually I want to make you laugh.
I plan to blog about everyday funny truths, ironies and irritations, but also about life milestones like turning 30, my 65 mile bike marathon that I’m doing in April, the decision to have little kiddies when the time is right – to work or not to work after that – etc. I feel like 2010 is going to be a big year for me. And I want to blog about it.
I hope you come back often and join in on the conversation. This will only be fun if you’re here too. I want to hear your stories. I might need your advice. I don’t pride myself on how many Facebook friends I have or how many followers I have on Twitter, but I do care how many blog friends I have. So don’t make me feel bad. Let’s be friends here (sign up for Google Friend Connect!).
Oh but don’t forget to friend me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter. I mean, I guess I kinda care about that too.
Alright, let’s get started…
- Are we married to technology?
- To accept or not accept Facebook friends – that’s the question.
- 9 Months pregnant: A look back at this amazing journey! Plus, check out my 36-week baby bump!
- This bugs me (Part 1)
- The best and worst of pregnancy – halfway through! Plus, check out my 20-week baby bump watch pic!
- The daily question from my husband: Do you feel pregnant? (Um…ya.)
- The birth story of Annabelle Grace, my new baby girl!
- Do husbands love you more when you’re pregnant? Plus, my 15-week bump watch pic!
- Ay yi yi! Baby registry woes! Plus, check out my 24-week baby bump!
- What I don’t miss about NOT being pregnant…